Greyhounds Australasia Rules
Greyhound Australia is responsible for the national rules governing our greyhound racing industry.
Following multiple inquiries and reviews, Greyhounds Australasia commenced a major project to review and modernise the national rules of greyhound racing after recognising a need to adopt a consistent approach to the many proposed reforms and ensure the rules were simplified and easily understood by current and future participants. The aims of the proposed new Greyhounds Australasia Rules (GARs) are to:
- promote, enhance and maintain the welfare of greyhounds;
- regulate greyhound racing so that public confidence in its integrity is upheld;
- provide for a level playing field in greyhound racing;
- record the rules which, together with the Local Rules of Controlling Bodies, regulate greyhound racing in Australia and New Zealand; and
- promote the long term viability of greyhound racing and the conduct of it in a socially responsible manner in Australia and New Zealand.
Rules effective 1 May 2022 are now available through the link below.