Stud Sire Registration
Controlling Bodies have discussed the development of a consistent approach to sire registrations since early 2009. Originally emanating from the 2009 Registrars Conference this subject was revisited in 2010 where the Registrars agreed that a national approach was desirable. The topic was then referred to the Rules Sub-Committee, who in May 2010 recommended a national policy position to the GA Board.
In June 2010 the GA Board received a report including the recommendation from the Rules Sub-Committee which was referred to all member bodies for consideration.
The issue was discussed again by the Board in August 2010 where in-principle support for the policy was given prior to receiving official endorsement at GA’s November 2010 meeting.
The operating process to support this policy is to occur as follows:
- National sire registration is applicable from 1 January 2011.
- Participants apply for a sire registration by completing the one standard national form.
- The greyhound must be DNA tested and have a semen evaluation completed before any application will be considered.
- GA will seek approval and sign off by jurisdictions prior to registering a sire, allocating a sire ID on the database and notifying the participant.
- Any sire that is registered with jurisdictions prior to 31 December 2010 for natural or frozen will be grandfathered to life time registration.